What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- (a) - information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website, including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views;
- b) - information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services;
- (c) - information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us;
- (d) - information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters;
- (e) - any other information that you choose to send to us including (but not exclusively) comments/information expressed in related forums and on social networking sites.
We do not require your registration to browse our website but registration is required to use features of our website such as the personalisation tool, saving and sending designs and placing orders.
We send all new members a welcoming email to verify your registration, after that we may send occasional product information and make you the first to find out about special offers on products for which you have expressed interest
After placing an order with us we will send you informative emails.
When you save a design the text may contain personal information, this is so others can view/make comment on your design, but is only made available to the registered user and our designers/production.
Using your personal data
We may use your personal information to:
- (a) - administer the website;
- (b) - improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- (c) - enable your use of the services available on the website;
- (d) - send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website;
- (e) - send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- (f) - send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- (g) - send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
- (h) - send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications, relating to our business, or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties, which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology. You can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications;
- (i) - provide third parties with statistical information about our users, [Such as analysing traffic, and usage to help us provide a better service, for example: Google Analytics; Click Tale & Communicator] but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- (j) - deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
- (k) -If you submit a different address for shipping than for billing, the shipping information will only be used to ship the package (ie if sent to work we will not contact your work place for any other reason than shipping);
- (m) - Your product reviews, testimonials and comments made available on public areas of the website are likely to be seen by people and organisations not related or controlled by Paper Themes.
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
- (a) - to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- (b) - in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- (c) - in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- (d) - to any of our agents, suppliers or subcontractors (but only as reasonably necessary for our purposes as set out above);
- (e) - to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling.
International data transfers
If you are in the European Economic Area (EEA), information which you provide may be transferred to countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the EEA.
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
Security of your personal data
We collect personal information when you register with us and use our services to personally identify you such as name and email address, however when you place an order we ask for your telephone number, billing and shipping address and billing information.
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted (using SSL technology). This is indicated by a ‘lock’ icon in your web browser.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password.
We do not intentionally collect personal information from children other than names on printed on products as requested by the user. If we are informed that a registered user is under the age of 18 then we will endeavour to remove such personal information from our records.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00).
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes (you can find this function in ‘my account’).
Third party websites
When this website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
Or by post to:
PO Box 33
The data controller responsible for our website is Dorne Fairbairn, who is contactable via firstname.lastname@example.org.